San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
IxDA Cincinnati and Gyro Cincinnati hope you can join us for "Accessibility is the New Black: Integrating Inclusiveness into the Latest Design Trends", presented by Nicole Justice, UX Lead at Axcess Financial.
For many designers and developers, accessibility is NOT hot. In the past, Web accessibility has been looked upon as a damper to creativity. However, this presentation will show that accessibility is finally becoming fashionable.
The presentation will cover:
- An overview of Accessibility, Usability and Universal/Inclusive Design
- The growing need for accessibility
- Demos of assistive technologies
- Accessibility of the latest design trends (RWD, Flat Design, gamification and apps)
- Integrating accessibility into Web and application development (User Analysis, Design, Development and User Testing)
- Fierce examples of universal/inclusive design
- Accessibility gurus/resources
About the Presenter
Nicole Justice is Lead UI/UX Designer at Axcess Financial. She has over 10 years of professional experience in UX design, interface design, usability, accessibility, information architecture, user testing and quality assurance. One day, she hopes to sing Kate Bush's "Wuthering Heights" at karaoke.
About the Host
Gyro is an Advertising Age Top 50 global agency deploying a 600-employee team of creative professionals in 17 offices in 10 countries throughout the world. Gyro has been named U.S. Business to Business magazine's Agency of the Year 2013 in the large agency category. Gyro also has been named in the Best Places to Work for two years in a row.
5:30 - 6:15: Networking
6:15 - 6:25: Introductions, job announcements
6:25 - 7:30: Presentation and Q&A
Free parking is available on the premises. Light refreshments will be served.
When & Where
We believe superior user experience is directly linked with great interaction design, and that idea sharing is key in building knowledge and creating best in class experiences.