IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal
Los Angeles, United States
At the end of class, RNs will receive
20 CEHs plus Certificate
BVNPT paperwork will be processed for
LVNs to acquire IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal certification
along with receiving 34.5 CEHs.
BVNPT # : 1B - 2497
Look for us in the BVNPT website:
This activity has been submitted to the Arizona Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. The Arizona Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
The content experts/faculty/presenters/authors have no relevant financial relationship to declare.
Critera for Successful Completion:
X Attendance at entire activity
X Completed evaluation form
X Achieving passing score of at least 84% on post-test
IV Therapy & Blood Withdrawal Course Objectives:
- The learner will identify the course objectives and expectations in order to effectively receive credit for course completion.
- The learner will discuss legal implications of RN practices as related to the performance of RN practice and IV therapy procedures.
- The learner will list and identify areas and functions of anatomy and physiology utilized in intravenous therapy.
- The learner will accomplish the following in relation to vascular access:
- Differentiate the different types of vascular access; Name some common complications associated with vascular access; Identify treatment interventions for vascular access complications
- The learner will implement management tactics for meeting patient psychological needs in relation to intravenous therapy.
- The learner will differentiate among methods of fluid and electrolyte balance and regulation to include pharmacology of commonly ordered medications and proper administration and dosage for IV therapy.
- The learner will identify solutions commonly used in IV therapy and discuss their action, therapeutic dosage, and adverse effects. The learner will maintain aseptic techniques and establish infection control practices.
- The learner will initiate, maintain, monitor and/or discontinue IV therapy by 1) accurately interpreting medical orders for IV therapy, 2) selecting appropriate sites and infusion devices for IV infusion administration, and 3) demonstrating proper assembly, set-up, and use of IV equipment.
- The learner will properly apply the correct principles of charting and be aware of legal implications of incorrect charting.
- The learner will identify the special IV therapy procedures used in the clinical setting, such as heparin lock and central venous lines
- The learner will identify the components and proper procedures of transfusion therapy, including blood components, equipment, patient education, indications and contraindications for use, and adverse reactions.
- The learner will properly manage of the patient receiving drug therapy, including principles of chemotherapy, protocols, actions, and side effects.
- The leaner will apply proper protocols of parenteral nutrition, including principles of metabolism, potential complications, and physical and psychological measures to ensure the desired therapeutic effect.
- The learner will identify the objectives needed to master for successful completion of course.
- The learner will summarize the history of phlebotomy as it applies to IV therapy with blood withdrawal.
- The learner will distinguish the role of phlebotomy and responsibilities of phlebotomists.
- The learner will apply anatomy and physiology to blood withdrawal.
- The learner will define terminology related to blood withdrawal and equipment used to properly withdraw blood.
- The leaner will properly withdraw blood using an approved procedure and identify complications. The learner will assess their knowledge by taking a quiz.
- The learner will differentiate safe and sanitary methods used to draw blood and conduct blood tests.
- The learner will summarize proper IV insertion.
- The learner will demonstrate venipuncture and blood withdrawal for a grade.
We Invite you to Join Us.
*** Payment at door accepted ***
You may pay at the door [cash & credit] to avoid the online fee.
Our Class Coordinator, Taezsa S.,
is standing by
to answer any questions
Visit our website:
3580 Wilshire Blvd.,
Suite 1705 C., 4 Hr Meterd parking on Kingsley, Church parking All day
BVNPT Approved IV Therapy & Blood Withdrawal Course
American Heart ACLS, BLS, PALS, NRP, Workplace CPR
Call to Register! 213 300 5045 1 888 327 0003
Educate Simplify dba: CreativeResol-ve Healthcare Education Company was founded in 2006 and offers an array of educational services ranging from American Heart Association courses to Continuing Education courses for medical, nursing and allied health professionals.
Use of American Heart Association materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the Association