San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
AIHA Chesapeake Local Section invites you to join us for a dinner meeting on March 14, 2017 from 6 to 9pm
"It's a Small, Small World: Nanotechnology Issues for the Practicing IH"
The presentation will discuss key issues that the practicing IH should understand related to the workplace use of nanomaterials, including health risks, regulatory issues, conducting assessments (including the use of control banding), sampling tools and control measures. The presentation will particularly focus on the many areas of uncertainty in this field and provide a list of resources for obtaining additional information on the subject.
Presented by Alan Weikert
Alan Received his BS In Biology from Towson University and his MHS in Occupational Health from Johns Hopkins University. He also is a Certified Industrial Hygienist and Certified Safety Professional. He has worked for W.L. Gore for the past 27 1/2 years on the EH&S Shared Services Team, primarily in an IH role. He has also worked for American Cyanamid, Tracor Jitco (consulting) and MD State Health Department. He began his career in 1976, in the MD IH Lab analyzing samples for MOSH IHs.
Schedule of events
6:00pm - Networking and Happy Hour (cash bar, nonalcoholic drinks included)
6:30pm - Dinner is served buffet style
7:00/7:30pm - Presentation begins
- Domestic Cheese Platter - Assortment of aged cheddar, baby Swiss, smoked provolone and mozzarella cheese; Accompanied with dried fruits and nuts
- Mixed Green Salad - Spring mixed greens, Roma tomatoes, cucumbers tossed in red wine vinaigrette
- Pasta Primavera - Pasta and seasonal vegetables tossed in a garlic white wine sauce, with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese
- Roasted Chicken Breast - Marinated and roasted in a herb mustard sauce
- Beef Stir Fry - Tenderloin tips and seasonal vegetables, cooked and tossed in a ginger-jasmine sauce, served with white rice
- Mashed Potatoes
- Mini Cheesecake Bites with Fresh Fruit
- Mini Apple Crumb Pies with Caramel Drizzle
- Mini Chocolate Cream Pies
Limited tickets avaliable.
Cash and check only for payment at the door.
Blue Hill Tavern Offers FREE Valet Parking.