Actions and Detail Panel
ITLS Initial - 2 Day Course
Wed, September 13, 2017, 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM CDT
ITLS Provider: Basic and Advanced
We offer the newest, 8th edition course!
These comprehensive courses are designed for providers who are first to evaluate and stabilize the trauma patient. The courses provide complete training in the skills needed for rapid assessment, resuscitation, stabilization and transportation of trauma patients.
The ITLS Basic course provides the core of knowledge and skills appropriate for all levels of EMS personnel, including EMT-Bs, first responders and other technicians.
The ITLS Advanced course builds on this knowledge, emphasizing evaluation steps and sequencing as well as techniques for resuscitating and packaging patients. ITLS Advanced is appropriate for advanced EMTs, paramedics, trauma nurses, physicians and other advanced EMS personnel. Hands-on stations include:
- Patient assessment and management
- Basic and advanced airway management
- Needle chest decompression and fluid resuscitation
- Spinal motion restriction — rapid extrication, short back board, helmet managment, log roll, and long back board/ scoop stretcher utilization
- Extremity immobilization and traction splint application
Date and Time
Atascocita Volunteer Fire Department - Headquarters / N.W. Smith Training Center
18425 Timber Forest Drive
Humble, TX 77346