Introduction to the ISSA Las Vegas (ISSA-LV) Chapter
The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) ® is a not-for-profit, international organization of information security professionals and practitioners. It provides educational forums, publications and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skill, and professional growth of its members. Our membership represents a diverse collection of organizations, including major U.S. and international corporations, leading consulting firms, excellent educational institutions, and government agencies. From IT audit and corporate security to contingency planning and disaster recovery, ISSA members are committed to protecting their organization's assets and resources.
Chapter meetings are held once a quarter in the Las Vegas area, with additional activities throughout the year.
Why become a sponsor?
One of the goals of our sponsorship program includes generating funds to support the Las Vegas Chapter’s activities, which range from quarterly chapter meetings to education and networking events. The benefits of sponsorship are numerous, and include networking with industry professionals, the opportunity to present to the chapter members, and including posting your corporate logo and URL on our website and in our chapter mailings.
- All sponsorships must comply with the ISSA mission to promote continuing education and the enhancement of management practices in the information security field
- Sponsors must implement a “non-aggressive” marketing policy.
- Sponsors must not utilize “negative campaigning” against competitors.
- Sponsors will bring and remove all materials to and from chapter meetings – Booth space is not available; shared table space may be provided
- Violation of the above requirements will result in revocation
- Speakers must not utilize “negative campaigning” against competitors
- Speakers who are representatives of companies must limit their “marketing” of their company, services, or products to 2 slides at the beginning of their presentation and 1 slide at the end, and no more than 3 minutes
- Speakers must present educational content – overview or deep dive into areas of current security interest, present a problem and discuss potential solutions, etc…
There are numerous options for sponsorship support of our chapter depending on your budget and requirements:
Luncheon Sponsorship: Companies and vendors have the opportunity to sponsor one of our quarterly ISSA luncheon meetings for a $500 sponsorship fee. Sponsors may distribute their company and product literature, will be formally announced and recognized as a sponsor for the meeting, and may give a short (5-minute) marketing presentation prior to the formal security topic presentation for that meeting.
- A complimentary lunch is included for up to two sponsor representatives.
- For an additional small charge, the sponsor can request that product literature be displayed on a side table with the company logo
- Note that luncheon sponsorship is subject to review in order to avoid conflict with the guest speaker or topic.
Luncheon Speaker Sponsorship: The same benefits as the Luncheon Sponsorship with a guaranteed 45 minute speaking slot over lunch for a $2500 sponsorship fee. The luncheon speaker sponsors also get their logo and URL prominently displayed on the Chapter’s website for 12 months following the meeting, and are allowed up to two (2) sponsor representatives to attend all chapter meetings for the same period. Sponsors will be recognized by name and thanked at each chapter meeting. There are two of these available.
Security-After-Hours Event: This is an ISSA chapter event during the early evening hours, in the relaxed social setting of a restaurant or lounge. Attendance is usually limited to 30 people with valid current chapter membership (no guests). Sponsorship cost varies, but generally is in the range of $1500. The sponsor is given the opportunity of giving a 30-minute presentation during this after-hours event.
Website Sponsorship: Companies and vendors may sponsor the Chapter’s website. Sponsorships of this type are sold on an annual basis, and guarantee your company logo is prominently displayed on the website. The cost of Website sponsorship is $1000. Sponsors will be recognized by name and thanked at each chapter meeting. There are two of these available.
Training Seminars: Lastly, companies and vendors may sponsor technical product training presentations in a seminar format. Sponsorship arrangements for such sessions vary depending on factors such as length, content, and facility requirements. Seminar proposals should be coordinated ahead of time by the Chapter's Director of Programs and must be reviewed and formally approved by a quorum of Chapter Officers.
- Negative campaigning against competitors is not allowed and will result in forfeiture of sponsorship with no refund.
- Sponsorship does not infer endorsement by ISSA-LV of a sponsor’s products, services or technologies; likewise, sponsors are not allowed to interfere with the internal working of ISSA-LV (e.g. event / speaker selection, board composition...)
- Sponsors have no direct access to our membership list or contact list, but can solicit contact information directly from our members at chapter events. The Chapter Board will facilitate forwarding or posting of educational non-marketing materials from sponsors to our mailing list(s) on behalf of the sponsor.
- Sponsorship does not include ISSA-LV membership.
- Exceptions or alterations to these guidelines may be made at the discretion of the Chapter President, or by a majority of the Chapter Board of Directors. If the Chapter cancels or postpones the sponsored meeting, the Chapter will contact the sponsor and arrangements will be made for the completion of the sponsorship.
Your contribution to the ISSA Las Vegas Chapter is greatly appreciated and should result in tax benefits to you (please consult with your tax attorney). We are a 501(c)(6) non-profit professional association and our Federal Employer ID Number is 32-0252331.
Payments for sponsorships are accepted via Eventbrite, or via check:
ISSA Las Vegas
PO Box 94281
Las Vegas, NV 89193
Please make checks payable to: Las Vegas ISSA Chapter