ISO/IEC 17025 - Requirements, Strategies and Tool Kits for Laboratory Accreditation
Friday, August 9, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PDT)
This lab compliance training will provide an overview of the principles and requirements of ISO/IEC 17025, followed by some strategies and tool kits to assist laboratories prepare for and maintain accreditation by an ILAC-recognized accreditation body. This session will identify free resources available to laboratories to better understand the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 and more easily implement them into their own laboratory QMS.
Upon completion of this course the attendee should:
- Be familiar with the principles behind ISO/IEC 17025 to better understand the individual requirements written in the standard
- Be familiar with the overall quality system and technical requirements of ISO/IEC 17025
- Be familiar with the tools and techniques available to all labs to meet the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 in a manner than enhances conformance and facilitates preparation for assessment and accreditation
- Identify the free tools available to all laboratories wishing to undertake the implementation of a 17025-conformant quality system.
- Acquire sample quality system documents, procedures and forms to implement within their own quality system.
- Understand how to easily implement these approaches in a conformant laboratory quality system.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- What is ISO/IEC 17025?
- What are the Principles behind ISO/IEC 17025?
- What are the main QMS and technical requirements in ISO/IEC 17025?
- What are the main QMS and technical tools available to laboratories seeking to implement ISO/IEC 17025?
- Where can a laboratory download free toolkits for use within their own system?
- Questions and Discussions
Who will Benefit:
The following personnel in all types of laboratories will benefit from this training:
- Food, environmental, chemical, clinical testing laboratories
- Analysts and technicians who conduct the tests and calibrations (including medical lab technicians)
- Technical Supervisors and Quality Coordinators/Managers
- Internal auditors
- Accreditation body assessors
- Policy development and enforcement staff from regulatory authorities
- QA managers and personnel
- Lab managers
- Training and documentation departments
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.