2 day ISO 19600: Design and implementation of a Compliance Management System Course
ISO 19600 defines requirements to continually improve a compliance management system’s effectiveness. It requires an organisation to establish, develop, document, implement, evaluate, maintain and improve an effective and responsive compliance management system. The policy, objectives and processes needed for compliance management must be determined, including the sequence and interaction, and be applied throughout.
This 2 day course provides delegates with an understanding of the International Organisation for Standardisation’s (ISO) standard for compliance management systems – ISO 19600. Delegates will learn about the policy, objectives and integrated process approach for compliance management and how to extend their current activities in line with international standards.
Corporate governance, industry regulations, privacy legislation and contractual obligations are some of the drivers for effective compliance management to be implemented and administered. This seminar will help participants make informed decisions about the establishment, design and implementation of an ISO 19600 compliance management system and the management of their organization’s compliance obligations.
Participants will learn more about:
- Overview of the ISO/IEC 19600 standard
- The scope and purpose of compliance management systems
- Defining a CMS policy and framework for setting objectives, determining compliance obligations and managing risk
- Understanding an organization’s compliance management requirements
- Using the "Plan-Do-Check-Act" (PDCA) model to structure all CMS activities
- Developing and implementing a compliance management system
- Recognising current capability in compliance management
- Adopting a process approach for establishing, implementing, supporting, operating, monitoring, maintaining and improving an organisation's CMS.
- Leadership, planning and support
- Operation Planning and Control: Implementing and operating controls to manage an organization's compliance risks in the context of the organization’s overall business risks;
- Performance Evaluation: Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation of the performance and effectiveness of the CMS
- Continual improvement
- Essential documents and records management.
Save This Event
When & Where
IT Governance Network
The IT Governance Network is an international organisation represented in the United States, United Kingdom, Netherlands, Switzerland and South Africa.
The IT Governance Network was incorporated to service a growing number of clients that include central banks, financial institutions, large utility and energy companies to small specialist high-tech enterprises.
The IT Governance Network provides consulting, software solutions and training:
- General Data Protection Regulation
- IT Governance, SOA Governance, SIAM, COBIT, ITIL and ISO… implementations
- Building process capability and measuring IT Performance (e.g. goals and BSC)
- Governing service providers, drafting contracts and service level agreements
- IT Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Privacy Management, Information Security (ISO 27001) and Regulatory compliance
- Compliance management systems (ISO 19600).