San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
This course introduces and overviews the National Incident Management System (NIMS). NIMS provides a consistent nationwide template to enable all government, private-sector, and nongovernmental organizations to work together during domestic incidents.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the intent of NIMS.
- Describe the key concepts and principles underlying NIMS.
- Describe the purpose of the NIMS Components including: Preparedness, Communications and Information Management, Resource Management, and Command and Management.
- Describe the purpose of the National Integration Center.
Note: This course provides a basic introduction to NIMS. It is not designed to replace Incident Command System and position-specific training.
Individuals with emergency management responsibilities including prevention, preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation.
When & Where
Fairfax County Office of Emergency Management
The Fairfax County Office of Emergency Management is a stand alone agency within the Fairfax County Goverment. As the agency that is charged with Emergency Management we focus on the following:
- Devloping and reviewing Emergency Operations Plans (EOP)
- Standing up and operating the Emergency Operations Center
- Providing for NIMS Compliance through classes and interagency partnerships
- Providing training that meets and exceeds HSEEP requirements based on county capabilties
- Making Fairfax County the safest and most resilient community in the world!
The NIMS/ICS classes offered through the Fairfax County Office of Emergency Management are centered around classroom centered instruction and are offered on a rotating basis. The classes are delivered at our EOC or at the AEOC located at the Government Center. Additional information and assistance can be had by contacting the NIMS Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by calling (571) 350-1018....