Actions and Detail Panel
IS-547.A: Introduction to Continuity of Operations
Wed, May 24, 2017, 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
This course is to be completed after taking the IS-546.a - Continuity of Operations Awareness Course. The IS 547.a course describes the Continuity Management Cycle and how it should be used to develop sound continuity of operations plans.
Although this course directly addresses continuity requirements for Federal Executive branch organizations, the course is also useful to State, local, territorial, and tribal governments.
At the end of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Define Continuity of Operations.
- Identify the legal basis for Continuity of Operations.
- Describe the structure of the continuity planning team.
- Explain the continuity program management cycle.
- Identify the phases of continuity.
- Recognize the steps in the continuity planning model.
The primary audiences for this course are personnel at any level of government, representatives from Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), or representatives from private industry who may have a need for a basic understanding of continuity of operations.
IS-546.a, Continuity of Operations Awareness Course