San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Note: Gift exchange is optional! Choose Give'r or Scrooge Bastard ticket type to indicate if you're participating or not
Special Holiday Non-Denominational Holiday Bullshit Holiday Edition!
The usual IRLYOW rigamarole with an extra (optional) holiday twist: gifts! No matter what your holiday beliefs - Christmas, [C]Ha[n]nukkah, Kwanzaa, Festivus - we don't care, just sign up as part of the IRLYOW Bullshit Gift Thing and get in the spirit of giving, receiving, drinking, crying…just like real holidays!
IRLYOW Bullshit Gift Thing (AKA White Elephant) - Rules and Regulations
BULLSHIT GIFT RULES
1. Cut a hole in the box…I keeeeed. If you want to participate, sign up using the 'Give'r' ticket
2. Purchase a [un]suitable gift for somebody you might barely know for under $15
3. Wrap that shit - keep it anonymous
4. Throw your gift under the IRLYOW tree. If you've given a gift, you get to participate in the bullshit; if you didn't you can watch from the sidelines.
5. The first person opens a wrapped gift, and the turn ends.
6. On subsequent turns, each person can open a new present or steal another person's gift. SUCKAH!
7. When a person's gift is stolen, that person can either choose another wrapped gift to open or can steal from another player. You can't steal your gift back from your thief on this turn, but may counter-steal on a later turn.
8. For each turn there's a maximum of three thefts otherwise we'll be here forever.
9. The game is over when the last person goes.
10. Side deals, alliances, double-crosses, and other chicanery is encouraged.
Happy Bullshit Holidays!
THE USUAL IRLYOW STUFF
WHAT IS IRLYOW?
Remember the good old days (circa 2010) when there always seemed to be something going on in Ottawa that gave you a chance to meet the people you knew online face-to-face, have a drink, and have fun?
It seems that Ottawa's community has quieted down a bit as of late so IRLYOW is here to fix that with a new event series to get you out from behind your keyboard and out into the real world to meet all the people you know online.
- No speeches.
- No PowerPoint.
- No douchebags.
Whether you're a neophyte or seasoned hand, young or old, student or professional, IRLYOW is about connecting all the amazing people in Ottawa's Social Media scene In Real Life (IRL). Preferably with a drink. See you there!