IRIS is a regional interdisciplinary research conference, supported by the Graduate-Professional Student Association, the Office of the Vice President for Research, and an assortment of private and corporate partners from throughout the country. The goals of IRIS 2017 are to:
- Expose students and faculty to potential cross-disciplinary collaborators.
- Foster the development of integrative methods, skills, and advancements.
- Expose students and faculty mentors to unique funding resources and opportunities.
- Give recognition to outstanding, innovative, and impactful research.
- Provide a unique and highly interactive interdisciplinary environment to dialogue, learn, and form new connections – personal, professional, and intellectual.
IRIS 2017 will feature a broad range of workshops, research presentations, panels, interactive experiences, and professional development opportunities designed with scholars of every discipline in mind. There's something for everyone! Marquee speakers will punctuate breakout sessions throughout the day, and will be announced very soon.