iRest® Yoga Nidra Level 1 Training
Tuition: Click Get Tickets for details. Early registration deadline August 1.
Training Includes: comprehensive manual and Level I Training audio download.
CEUs: Approximately 32 CE hours* will be available for YA, PSY, MFT, LCSW, RN, and Yoga Alliance. (see below for details)
RESIDENTIAL & COMMUTER OPTIONS
Limited double-occupancy overnight accommodations are available on campus. Click here for options for nearby accommodations and transport.
LEVEL I TRAINING DESCRIPTION
This training will allow you to incorporate the simple 10-step iRest protocol into your personal life, professional teaching or clinical practice. Developed over 30 years by Richard Miller PhD, iRest Yoga Nidra meditation supports psychological, physical and spiritual health, healing and awakening.
HOW IT WORKS
iRest is an accessible meditation protocol that is integrative, as it heals unresolved issues and traumas, and restorative, as it aids practitioners in recognizing the underlying peace of mind that is always present amidst all changing circumstances in life.
Due to its effectiveness and ease of use, iRest has proven to effectively support the healing process across a broad range of populations, including those with PTSD, chronic pain, sleep issues, high stress, depression, and anxiety.
I use iRest to manage the daily pain caused by migraines
and to find peace in the midst of stress and anxiety.
- Nicole, Working Parent
In this Level 1 Training, you will learn:
- The core principles and practice of iRest meditation.
- How to use iRest for your personal practice.
- How to teach and deliver iRest simply yet effectively in group and individual settings.
Following the Level 1 Training, you will:
- Join a global community of teachers teaching iRest in yoga studios, sleep clinics, rehabilitation and healthcare facilities, hospice, prisons, universities, schools, as well as in private practice.
- Be able to list yourself on the IRI website as a Level 1 Teacher in Training.
- Be able to access our “Teacher Resources” and our “Teachers Community Network” for further personal and professional support.
- Be recommended by IRI to people seeking iRest teachers in their local area.
“iRest is a profound tool which can enhance any therapy. My hope is that anyone struggling with his or her own life challenges, or searching for deeper meaning to life, will have the same opportunity to experience this life-giving practice as I have.”
-- Michael, Cancer Survivor
Registration: Tuesday, November 1, 4:30 pm
- Welcoming dinner: 6 pm & Evening Program: 7:00-9:00 pm
- Wednesday - Saturday: 8:30 am-6:00 pm program with 12:30-2:00 pm lunch
- Training concludes on Sunday, Nov. 6 with 12:30 pm lunch.
To find out more about the Integrative Restoration Institute, please visit irest.us.
REQUIRED reading and listening:
Richard Miller, Yoga Nidra: A Meditative Practice for Deep Relaxation and Healing(book with audio CD).
RECOMMENDED reading and listening:
- iRest Program for Healing PTSD - Book
- iRest Program for Healing Meditations with Richard Miller (audio recordings)
- Integrative Restoration—iRest: The Principles and Practice of Yoga Nidra (6-volume audio recording)
- iRest at Ease with Richard Miller (audio recording) oriRest at Ease with Kelly Boys(audio recording)
- Resting in Stillness (audio recording)
- Read an article by Samantha Kinkaid about Level I and II iRest Yoga Nidra trainings here
Read an article by Gemma Adams (co-founder of Veterans Restorative Project) about the iRest Yoga Nidra Certification Program here
CEUs: Approximately 32 CE hours* will be available for YA, PSY, MFT, LCSW, RN. (for more information and to pre-register)
*The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) (www.spiritualcompetency.com ) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal by LCSWs and MFTs from California for programs from American Psychological Association approved CE providers. LCSWs, MFTs, and other mental health Counselors from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.
California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP 11909) to sponsor continuing education for Registered Nurses (RN). RNs from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.
TRAINER: Molly Birkholm (Madhavi): Senior iRest Trainer...
is a recognized leader in iRest™ Yoga Nidra, Sivananda Yoga and treating trauma with yoga and meditation. She is the co-founder of Warriors at Ease, an organization that builds yoga programs in military communities, where her curriculum has been taught to over 100,000 veterans. Molly serves as the Director of Yoga Programming & Yoga Therapy for the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat Bahamas and as Director of Human Trafficking Relief for the Integrative Restoration Institute. A leader of worldwide retreats and teacher trainings, she has four iRest Yoga Nidra CDs and is the author of an upcoming book. www.HealingRiverYoga.com
Welcome letter with further details will follow your registration
Loyola Retreat and Ecology Center is located in picturesque Woodstock, IL encompassed by 100 acres of prairies, savannas, woodlands, wetlands, and ponds - accessed by auto, short cab ride from Metra, or O'Hare airport limo. Click here for recommendations.
Cancellations before September 1, 2016 will receive a refund less a $200 cancellation fee. There are NO refunds after September 1, 2016, unless we are able to fill your space from a wait-list, in such case your fees less cancellation fee will be refunded. In case of cancellation by the Integrative Restoration Institute or Loyola Ecology & Retreat Center, you will receive a full refund of all funds received. Please note: Your registration is not final until full payment is received.
Please email Jacqui@VeteransRestorativeProject.org in writing for cancellation notifications.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Jacqui Neurauter: Jacqui@VeteransRestorativeProject.org / 847-359-6391