This is an on-line course being run over three consecutive weeks:
Tuesday the 18th October,
Tuesday the 25th October,
Tuesday the 1st November, 2016.
Starting time is 2pm GMT and each session will be 2 hours long (circa, depending on questions). That is, 3 sessions over 3 weeks, each comprising of 2 hours each. Please diarise, although recordings will be made to download and keep for future use. Please also note, a roll call taken at the start of each session for CPD purposes.
The course covers the new ISO 50015 M&V guidance standard and how to use it in conjunction with the world's most widely used Protocol, the IPMVP with minimum duplication effort. Tools and templates are provided post course to all the attendees. Please note that a copy of the standard itself is not provided (discounts might be available).
Please note that there are no pre-requisite requirements. E.g. CMVP is not necessarily required for this although practical working knowledge of IPMVP and M&V will be useful.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the essentials of good M&V to both ISO 50015 and IPMVP with practical application
- Apply the key principles of both standards to energy savings projects
- Understand how to construct an M&V Plan to both standards
- Understand how to implement an M&V Plan and report savings to both standards with minimum duplication
Core course content includes:
- Introduction to ISO 50015 and to the IPMVP®
- Understand the difference between a Protocol and a Standard
- Understand how both IPMVP and ISO 50015 fit with ISO 50006 on baselines and ISO 50001, the Energy Management Systems standard
- IPMVP refresher including options, revision and basic principles e.g. measurement boundaries and interactive effects
- Revision on what IPMVP Plan contents and what adherence to IPMVP actually means
- IPMVP Plan examples: retrofit isolation and whole facility options (Options A,B,C,D)
- ISO50015 M&V process overview
- ISO 50015 Terminology & Principles - what's new and what's same
- ISO 50015 in detail:
- M&V Planning
- Scope and Purpose
- Energy Performance Improvement Actions
- Baselines and Energy Performance Metrics
- Relevant variables and static factors
- Selection of M&V Method
- Data gathering plan
- Roles and responsibilties
- Documentation etc.
- M&V Plan implementation and M&V reporting
- The role of uncertainty
- Updating IPMVP-adherent plans to meet the guidance of ISO 50015
- Provision of tools and templates to meet the guidance of ISO 50015
- Quiz, questions and conclusions using an on-line test to be completed within two weeks of the course
Qualification: Delegates will receive an EVO Certification of Advanced training.
About the trainer - Rajvant Nijjhar, BEng, CMVP:
- UK M&V Expert that developed the International Standards including 50015, 50006 and 50004. Currently involved with the re-write of 50001
- UK’s most experienced instructor for M&V - having trained over 300 people to date in the UK
- Regular conference presenter
‘’The ISO 50015 & IPMVP training was very useful both on knowledge and practical perspective. The trainer brilliantly covered all the topics including the synergy between the IPMVP and the ISO standard, supplementing theory with practical experience. The course was full of examples, explaining the ISO terminologies and processes whilst balancing the expectations of wide variety of attendees ranging from M&V managers to EM&T software developers. I would definitely recommend this particular ISO 50015 course for anyone who would like to bring their knowledge of the international standards on M&V up to date. ‘’
M&V Manager, British Gas / Centrica
Please note that the event will be cancelled if less than five persons are attending.
Please note that I am not charging VAT - the price is fixed at £250.00 regardless of VAT. However, I have declared that Consortio Ltd is registered for VAT and that Consortio Ltd will pay VAT using a flat rate scheme on any income derived from this event.