San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
iPad Quick Edit Videography
Participants in this workshop will learn “Quick edit videography” techniques with the iPad. These involve capturing/recording video using the iPad camera app and editing/splicing short videos using iMovie for iPad. Participants will also learn to use the free YouTube Capture app for iPad to upload videos to a professional YouTube channel.
This is a BYOD (bring your own device: iPad) workshop, and is 1 of 4 iPad-based digital storytelling workshops offered by Storychasers. Participants should come with required apps already installed on their iPads. A $10 discount is available to teachers in member-districts of the Canadian Valley Tech Consortium. (Contact Don Wilson or Scott Charlson for the discount code to use when registering.)
An additional $20 "digital backpack" of digital storytelling equipment is available for advanced purchase for this workshop, which includes the following items. Choose to "add additional items" to your registration before submitting it. These are excess inventory items remaining from past Storychaser digital storytelling workshops, and had an original purchase value of $250. Participants choosing to purchase this "digital backpack of equipment" are required to:
- Stay for an additional hour of instruction about using the equipment, from 3:30 - 4:30 pm
- Agree to submit at least ONE student-produced video to the website storychasers.tv in the three months following the workshop
- Canon PowerShot A490 – digital camera or Olympus VG-110 – digital camera
- Sony ICD PX820 – digital voice recorder or Sony ICD PX312 – digital voice recorder
- Plantronics Audio 655 USB Headset
- 2 GB USB Flashdrive
- Digital Camera SD Card (2 GB Kingston)
- A logo’ed backpack
Participants should ALREADY have a basic familiarity with the iPad before taking this class. Recommended pre-requisite iPad skills (NOT covered in this workshop) include:
- Configuring your iPad to use email
- Connecting to a WiFi hotspot
- Downloading and installing iPad apps
- Copying and pasting text
- Saving images from a web browser (Safari) to the Photo Roll
- Organizing downloaded apps into folders
- Using a free QR code reader (like i-Nigma) to scan QR codes
- Force-quitting apps
- Setting up a security passcode
- Switching between apps
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Storychasers contanct info is available on http://storychasers.org/contact.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, another teacher / participant can attend in your place if you are unable to attend. They just need to bring your printed ticket with them to the workshop.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
What is the refund policy?
Refunds can be issued if you are unable to attend the workshop.
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
How can our purchasing office obtain a copy of your W-9?
Our W-9 is available as a downloadable PDF.
When & Where
Story Chasers Inc.
Story Chasers Inc. is an educational non-profit organization based in Oklahoma. Our mission is to provide workshops and moderated, online learning communities empowering learners to become digital witnesses, archiving local oral history and sharing that history safely on the global stage of the Internet.