iOS Top Gun Development Training Camp
Welcome to iOSTop Gun Development Training Camp !
Are you ready to take your iOS development to the next level? Do you know the basics of environment setup and have completed “Hello World” and other sample programs?
iOS Top Gun Development Training Camp is for you!
iOS Top Gun Development Training Camp is a hands-on, fast track, two-day (a full weekend) training program designed for intermediate iOS developers to advance their iOS development skills.
The training camp will provide developers essential skills to develop applications on iPhone/iPad mobile platform.
A post-session is also scheduled for developers to learn about app in business.
Lead Instructor: Ari Krupnik
Ari is an individual licensee in Apple's "Made For iPhone" program. MFi allows vendors to develop and market accessories that connect to iPhone, iPod or iPad through the 30-pin connector. Mobile phones are subsuming single-function portable devices. Alarm clocks, GPS navigators, calculators, digicams exist mostly as iPhone apps now. Ari's business is building software/hardware combinations that allow the iPhone to take over from other, more specialized devices.
Ari has over 15 years of industry experience, developing on machines as big as IBM mainframes and as small as 8-bit microcontrollers. He holds an MSc from the Univerity of Edinburgh, UK
Instructor: Marco Gloria
Marco Gloria is a software engineer, he works mainly with Apple technologies (iPod/iPhone/iPad/Mac), and has been doing so for the last 10 years. His primary focus has been in commercial and business apps, with several apps on the App Store. Marco has over 15 years of experience in software development, working for several companies such as HP, Intel, Oracle & SAP among others. He holds a MSc from ITESM.
Hosted by BeyondSoft Consulting Inc.
Beyondsoft Consulting is hiring! We have developed this training with the essentials in real world iOS development. If you qualify and start to work for us within 90 days of completing the course, we will refund $150 of your registration fee.
Training Camp Schedule & Information
Dates: February 5 & February 6, 2011
Time: 10AM – 5:30PM
Venue: Hacker Dojo, 140A South Whisman Rd, Mountain View, CA
Price: $400 (Beverage & lunch will be provided)
Early Bird Special: $300 (register by January 28 )
Special Prices & Discounts, if applicable:
- Early bird discount: $100 (Register before January 28, 2011.)
- BCI Prospective Employee Discount: (Fee refundable after joining BCI within 90 days of completing training)
Main Session (Two Days): Feb 5-6, 2011
Over the course of two full days, you will learn intermediate topics in iOS programming.
Session 1: Introduction and Overview
- Survey of attendees' experience, expectations and goals.
- Review of iPhone, iOS, Objective-C, XCode, Interface Builder, device capabilities (touch screen, accelerometers, GPS, networking, audio, external hardware).
- A survey of kits and frameworks available in iOS.
- Practical: Build and run a canned application and make sure the environment works. Troubleshoot compiler errors, development profile issues, etc.
Session 2: UIKit
- A tour of standard components in UIKit.
- Demonstration of real apps that use them.
- Intentions behind different components and their flexibility.
- Building apps with and without Interface Builder.
- Extras: accelerometers, ui orientation & motion.
- Practical: build a multitouch calculator
Session 3: Audio & Video
- Different APIs for audio--tradeoffs in complexity and granularity
- System Sound
- Practical: build a multitouch drum machine
Session 4: More Objective-C
- Memory management
- Relationship with C and C++
- Relationship between NS* and Core*
- Delegates and callbacks
- Selectors & timers
- Practical: UIImage & CoreGraphics
Session 5: Persistent Storage & Web
- Getting and sending data over HTTP
Session 6: Location & MapKit
- Reading location updates
- GPS accuracy & frequency of updates
- Map View
- Practical: record GPS tracks and overlay tracks on MapView.
Follow up session (1.5 hours) Feb 21, 2011
- Marketing channels.
- Job opportunities
Bring your own Mac laptop since this is a hands-on training class. Please have your development environment ready and software downloaded and installed before attending the class.
- XCode and the iPhone SDK(latest version)
- A device such as iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad (optional, but strongly recommended)
This is an intermediate class. You should have basic programming experience and skills in object oriented programming. You should have completed writing code examples, such as the “Hello World” program and other beginning level programs.
If you need to cancel a class, we will refund your registration fee (less Eventbrite processing fees) if you notify us more than 24 hours before the class. Alternatively, with the same 24 hour policy as above, you can apply your registration to the next scheduled class.
Beyondsoft Consulting reserves the right to reschedule due to insufficient registrations, instructor emergencies or other unforeseen circumstances. If it is deemed necessary to reschedule the class, registrants will be notified immediately. If a registrant cannot attend on the rescheduled date, they will be offered a full refund.
For more details check out website at: http://beyondsoftconsulting.com/ios-training-camp/ and our blog att: http://ios-training.beyondsoftconsulting.com/
When & Where
Beyondsoft Consulting is a global innovation partner, focused on solution development in mobile applications and backend systems. Our consulting services provide you with the tools and insights, as well as development resources needed to take your technology to a new level.