The Consulate of France in Vancouver and Business France, with the support of the Canadian Club Vancouver are pleased to invite you to a roundtable breakfast:
New opportunities for Canadian « entrepreneurs » in France
The signing of the EU-Canada Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) due on October 27th will open vast new opportunities for Canadian business in a market as large as 500 million consumers. Due to its position at the heart of Europe, as well as its extensive infrastructure, world class academic and research network, and advanced technological industry, France is well placed to work as a hub for Canadian investments in Europe. The French government has recently adopted new initiatives to make it easier and faster to set up and run a business, and it has introduced substantial tax incentives for investment in research and development. Due to strong economic and cultural ties, France is also a natural gateway to the vibrant African markets.
What to Expect:
- Meet French Ambassador, H.E. Mr Nicolas Chapuis, to learn more about new economic developments in France and how CETA will be a game-changer.
- Exchange with Canadian entrepreneurs to hear how they grew their business through investing in France.
- Get advice from the Business France agency on the first steps to develop your activity in France.
Program for the 1h30 breakfast roundtable:
- 7:00 am: Welcome registration and breakfast buffet;
- 7:30 am: Introduction word by the Ambassador of France in Canada H.E. Mr Nicolas Chapuis;
- 7:45 am: Presentation by Mr Philippe Huberdeau, Minister Counselor for Economic Affairs and by Business France Invest, the national agency supporting the international development of the French economy with a focus on investment;
- 8:00 - 8:30 am: Sharing of experiences by companies from Vancouver, TBD;
- 8:30 – 9 am: Q & A
We would be honored if you would be able to attend. We look forward to seeing you at the event.
- WHEN: October 26th, 2016 – 7:30-9:00 am.
- WHERE: The Terminal City Club, 837 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6C 1B6.
- RSVP: https://investinfrance.eventbrite.com by October 23rd, 2016.
- PARKING : We recommend parking at 880 West Cordova Street.
- SKYTRAIN: Waterfront Station or Burrard.
- Contact: email@example.com