Due to overwhelming demand we have changed platforms for hosting. To register please follow this link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4808114149435296772
Investing in vacant and abandoned buildings in low and moderate income areas and economic development zones has always posed underwriting challenges for local banks. However, recently revised Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) guidelines released in July by the federal bank regulators clarifies for the first time how financial institutions can earn CRA credit for investing in the federal and state historic tax credits (HTC) often generated by these projects.
This one-hour webinar is aimed at bankers, developers, Main Street managers, property owners, community organizations, tax credit professionals and planning officials. Participants will have the opportunity to learn the key characteristics of CRA-eligible HTC equity investments. Bankers who participate will know how to make the case to bank examiners that their HTC investments merit CRA consideration. Those seeking HTC investments from banks will learn what information their banker needs to determine CRA eligibility.
- Barry Wides - Deputy Comptroller, Community Reinvestment, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Sharon Canavan, Community Development Expert, Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
- Leigh Ann Smith – SVP and Tax Credit Equity Originations Manager, Bank of America
- Merrill Hoopengardner - President, National Trust Community Investment Corporation
- John Leith-Tetrault – Chairman, Historic Tax Credit Coalition