Introduction to SEO (Not Exactly)
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
Chicago, United States
100% of our former students would recommend 312 Digital classes to a friend!
LEARN SEO BASICS FROM EXPERT PRACTITIONERS!
This course is a full day of instruction that introduces you to the (not quite) basics of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
You might be wondering about the course title. We've labeled this (Not Exactly) Intro to SEO, because it is difficult to spend a full day focused on SEO without getting into some pretty advanced subject matter. Therefore, this class is really NOT for internet beginners.
We recommend this course for people who have a basic understanding of SEO, but are interested in taking their knowledge to the next level. In University parlance, this course would be SEO 210 or something similar.
Each 312 Digital class follows a similar format.
- Four 2-hour sessions of intense instruction.
- Each instructor is expert in the area they teach with up-to-date skills.
- Each class session follows the following basic approach:
- 90 minutes of lecture and Q&A.
- 15 minutes of small group breakout session to discuss what you learned from the previous 90 minutes and how you plan to apply those concepts to your business. WHY? We encourage deeper relationships with your fellow students. This gives you an opportunity to embed the content from the previous session by thinking about and discussing it in the context of your specific business.
Fundamentals of SEO (Taught by Sean McGinnis)
- History of Search Engines & SEO
- Contextual overview of On-page, Off-page & Technical aspects of SEO
- Learn how to stop thinking about ways to "beat" the search engines and instead "think like a search engine."
Be More Relevant Online: On-Page Optimization (Taught by Carolyn Shelby)
- Content types and styles
- On-page optimization factors
- Keyword research
- How to write optimized content
Be More Authoritative Online: Off-Page Optimization (Taught by Dave Rohrer)
- The importance of off-page optimization
- Off-page optimization factors
- Link building tactics that work today
- Link building tactics to stay away from
- Other off-page optimization issues
Measure What Matters: SEO Analytics (Taught by Eric Pratum)
- Analytics and research tools for your website
- Google Analytics for SEO
- Competitive SEO analytics and research
- Using analytics to drive content creation, link building, social, and more
- Actionable advice that you can use TOMORROW to grow your business online.
- 90 days FREE membership in our online forum to interact with fellow students and receive assistance from 312 Digital instructors.
Who should attend Introduction to SEO?
(Not quite) Intro to SEO will introduce you to concepts used daily by nearly every digital marketer & SEO.
This course is perfect for:
- Digitally savvy business & marketers who are interested in learning how to grow their search engine traffic.
- Bloggers and other content producers who are looking to expand their traffic and want to learn more about SEO.
- Individuals who are interested in learning a new skill set to make themselves more employable in a high growth industry.
- College students or recent graduates interested in learning more about the digital marketing industry.
- Anyone who is on the verge of hiring an SEO consultant or agency. By the end of the course, you will possess a highly functioning SEO BS detector.
About 312 Digital:
312 Digital is a Chicago-based company that provides in person digital marketing training classes. Learn more about the company, our teaching methods and mission at http://312digital.com.
When & Where
Sean McGinnis is the principal & founder of 312 Digital, a boutique digital agency based in Chicago that builds high performing web sites and SEO programs for businesses across the US. During the day he leads marketing for an e-commerce business inside a Fortune 100 corporation.