Have you ever wondered how stunning landscape photos are created in extreme light? By using different filters in front of the camera, you can control the light entering your camera, therefore having an amazing effect on the final image.
This class is an introduction to using Solid and Graduated Neutral Density (ND) filters. The first part of this class will walk you through the different types of filters useful in photography today while the last half of this class will cover techniques in using Graduated ND filters to create dramatic landscape images.
This class will cover:
• Explanation of neutral density powers (8x, 64x, etc.)
• Type of filters and filter holders
• Techniques for long exposures and wide apertures on bright sunny days
• Balancing exposure in-camera with Graduated ND filters
• Using Graduated ND filters to lea the eye
Brian Leary loves sharing his technical and creative knowledge with anyone interested. He has a unique ability to take complex concepts and make them easy to understand. Still priding himself on in camera shooting techniques in this digital age, similar to the methods of slide film shooting, the majority of Brian's images are created in camera on a single frame.
*Minimum of 4 participants required for this class to take place.