Build a game in a day with Corona SDK!
This Instructor-led hands-on workshop teaches students how to install and configure CoronaSDK to develop a game that can be deployed to iOS and Android in a day*.
This workshop is intended for beginner and experience designers as well as entry level programmers that are interested in learning how to create a game for mobile environments.
If you've always dreamed of creating a game but didn't know where to start, then this course is for you!
Students who attend this workshop should:
- **Bring their own laptop.
- Have Basic Computer Skills on Windows or Mac.
- Have Basic understanding of programming fundamentals or logic (not necessary but helpful).
- Have a copy of Corona Ultimote for testing and debugging on device (not necessary but helpful).
After completing this workshop, students will be able to:
Understand core programming concepts including functions, conditions, loops, event handling, and animation with Lua.
Along with this workshop, you will receive:
- ***Getting Started Book from Brian G. Burton, Ed.D.)
- Student Files and Class Assets
- After Class Follow-Up Support (one-on-one for up to 4 hours)
- Additional Goodies (discount promo codes for 3rd party tools)
Because I am a CoronaSDK Ambassador and being sponsored by Ansca Mobile, student who complete this workshop will be eligible to receive a license of their choice at student discount.
Follow us on twitter @rdcubeapps, @ansca and @drbrianburton for special promo code discount give aways towards workshop.
* This course will mainly focus on iOS and App Store using a Mac but code is same for Android and windows.
** There are no computers available to use and we will install the software under your own name.
*** Workshop will only cover Chapters 1-10; When you register you'll get the "Getting Started" PDF Book ($29.97 value for $19.99); if you already own the book, enter promotional code: BurtonBookDiscount during registration.
**** 5 student minimum to hold a class.
If you're coming from out of town and need a place to stay, please call Comfort Suites at (512) 386-6000 and ask for Kru Rana to get a special room discount.