Introduction to Information Security
Dates/times: Thursday, November 3 - December 15, 2016; 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Program length: 18 hours
Endorsement level: Career Enhancement
Format: Facilitator-led training
Location: Schwitzer Student Center 012
The Introduction to Information Security program will help participants better understand online security and protection for themselves and their employer. This career enhancement training will provide a fundamental understanding of threats and actions related to cyber security. Topics include:
- Emerging cyber security trends
- The language of computer/applications security
- The Internet and its vulnerabilities
- Security awareness education
- Security professional roles and certifications
- Risk assessment activities
- Participants will learn and develop an appreciation for the complexities of cyber security.
- Participants will learn about career and credential options in the growing fields related to cyber security.
- Participants will learn the importance of cyber security, the most common risks, and how to mitigate them.
- Individuals interested in furthering their career in information security and systems
- Individuals needing to understand the risks to their organization and resources for assistance
Cost and registration:
Standard Ticket - $799 per person
Group Discount (4 or more) Ticket - $639 per person
Alumni Ticket - $399 per person
For more information or for registration assistance, please contact the Division for Professional Engagement at email@example.com or call 317-788-3393.