San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
A workshop for the Early Education and Childcare Community
This lively, interactive, full day training is designed to deepen the knowledge and increase the skills of those caring for young children, birth to five, so they can create rich learning environments for children with and without disabilities.
- The meaning of inclusion and developmentally appropriate inclusive practices
- Relevant federal, state and local laws such as the Americans with Disabilities Act and others
- Tools to individualize and/or modify curriculum, the environment, activities, and materials for all children
- Strategies for involving families in creating strength-based approaches to address children’s individual needs
- How to embed the IFSP, IEP, and other learning goals into the daily routine
- Community services and resources that support providers, families and children
This full day training session meets the San Francisco PFA training requirement for Inclusion.
Each program attending the training receives a copy of The Inclusive Early Childhood Classroom, Easy Ways to Adapt Learning Centers for All Children by Patti Gould and Joyce Sullivan.
Lunch and light morning refreshments will be provided.
Spanish and Cantonese language interpretation services can be provided upon request at least two weeks prior to the training. Please indicate translation request when registering.
Presented by: SF Inclusion Networks: The Center for Inclusive Early Education
When & Where
San Francisco Inclusion Networks
San Francisco Inclusion Networks is a project of Support for Families of Children with Disabilities.
Online registration for all San Francisco Inclusion Networks events has moved to sfinclusion.org/upcoming
Please visit the link above to view our event calendar and register for our upcoming events.