This one day course has four 1h, 10 minute sessions that will introduce you to Google Tag Manager. Attendees will leave a full understanding of the tag management solution, its features and limitations, and have conducted several practical exercises to implement tagging for Google Analytics and custom events in a trial environment.
Who this course is for: marketing and e-commerce executives and managers; those with no previous experience of Google Tag Manager.
All required equipment will be provided at the venue.
Session One – starting out with Google Tag Manager
• What is Google Tag Manager?
• What is a tag?
• What tags do
• Third party tags and potential issues
• GTM vs on-page tags
Session Two – the Google Tag Manager interface
• The GTM structure
• User management and access levels
• The container
Break for lunch (provided)
Session Three – setting up the first Google Analytics tag
• The standard page view tag
• Subdomain tracking
• Cross-domain tracking
• Testing the pageview tag
• Installing Google Tag Manager
• Installing the container snippet
• Implementing the data layer
Session Four – setting up Google Analytics
• Setting an event for outbound links
• Checking website markup for attributes
• Setting events and variables
• Setting up Adwords tags
• Custom HTML tags
At the end of the course, candidates will be familiar with structuring the GTM, using tags for different purposes, and overseeing the correct implementation on a website. Courses are run by trainers who are Google Certified Partners. Fresh Egg also offers 30 days online support following the conclusion of the course.