Adding sound assets to your game can be a daunting task if you’ve never done it before. In this workshop, we will cover how Unity handles audio, then we will take it to the next level and create some cinematic sonic events. During the workshop, we will re-create the project from scratch. Participants will receive a finished Unity sandbox project with full audio treatment. By the end, you will understand how to add sound to your Unity game, have more confidence, and a better understanding of what to ask for when interfacing with outsourced sound professionals.
- Unity audio basics like audio sources and listeners, file formats, adjusting audio parameters
- How the Unity physics engine affects audio
- Strategies for creating variation in your sounds
- How to map game events to audio playback
- Setting up and using the Unity mixer and its effects processors
- Basics of sound design
Students: Get buy one, get one free! Once a ticket is purchased please email us the name of the 2nd guess at firstname.lastname@example.org