Introduction to Fish Health
Sales Have Ended
In conjuction with the Anunual WI Chapter of American Fisheries Society we will be offering a FREE introductory course to familiarize participants with signs and causes of fish diseases.
- Recognize and identify the external or gross signs of fish diseases and parasites.
- Learn general anatomy, bacteriology, virology, and fish parasitology.
- Learn proper necropsy techniques and how to take fish health samples.
- Perform parasite searches in FRESH fish from Mississippi River.
- Properly care for and package moribund or dead fish specimens for shipment to a diagnostic laboratory.
A block of rooms are available at the Radisson Hotel and Holiday Inn & Suites. The Radisson rates are $83 for standard king and $129 for standard two queens. Reservations can be made for the Radisson by calling 608-784-6680 or 800-333-3333.
The Holiday Inn rates are $82 for standard king or two queen beds. Reservations can be made by calling 608-784-4444 or 800-HOLIDAY. REMEMBER TO SPECIFY YOU ARE WITH THE WI CHAPTER of AMERICAN FISHERIES SOCIETY FOR SPECIAL RATE.