Are you new to enterprise search and want to know more? Then this introductory class is for you. You get to know how search works on your intranet or in your website.
You will get to ask your own questions and get them answered.
The class consists of two 45 minute blocks. Some of the topics covered:
- Why is search important?
- How does a search engine work?
- The difference between search on the internet and on your intranet
- What is important if I want search to work well.
- What is metadata? And what is it good for?
- Five dimensions of findability
- Organisation, meassring, monitoring and actions
Tid & Plats
Findwise is a growing and award winning IT consultancy with 100 employees at offices in Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway and Poland. Founded in 2005 by a team of experts from the enterprise search industry, Findwise creates search-driven Findability solutions for intranets, web, e-commerce and applications. A vendor independent expert with knowledge and experience from the leading search technology platforms: Autonomy IDOL, Microsoft (SharePoint and FAST Search products), Google GSA, IBM ICA/OmniFind, LucidWorks Enterprise, Splunk, Apptus and Open Source (Apache Lucene/Solr, Hadoop and Elasticsearch).