San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Introduction to ECL - Concepts and Queries
This class is for developers who want to understand the HPCC (High Performance Computing Cluster) system and learn ECL to build powerful data queries. Anyone who needs a basic familiarity with ECL should take this course.
Course Length: 2 days
Class Prerequisites: None. Students are welcome to bring their own laptops to take away the code and examples from the class.
- HPCC Overview (THOR and ROXIE)
- Introduction to ECL Concepts and Syntax
- Using the ECL IDE and ECL Watch programming tools
- Flat and CSV File Sprays
- Defining Files (RECORD/DATASET)
- Record Filtering
- Basic definition types – Boolean, Value, Set, Recordset
- Creating Simple ECL Queries
- Managing your ECL code
- Despraying Files
Class begins Monday at 1pm and concludes at 5pm.
Class begins Tuesday at 9am and concludes at 5pm.
Class begins Wednesday at 9am and concludes at 12pm.
When & Where
HPCC Systems is an open source, massive parallel-processing computing platform for big data processing and analytics.