Introduction to ECL - Concepts and Queries
This class is for developers who want to understand the HPCC (High Performance Computing Cluster) Systems platform and learn ECL to build powerful data queries. Anyone who needs a basic familiarity with ECL should take this course.
Course Length: 2 days
Class Prerequisites: None. Students are welcome to bring their own laptops to take away the code and examples from the class.
- HPCC Systems Overview (THOR and ROXIE)
- Introduction to ECL Concepts and Syntax
- Using the ECL IDE and ECL Watch programming tools
- Flat and CSV File Sprays
- Defining Files (RECORD/DATASET)
- Record Filtering
- Basic definition types – Boolean, Value, Set, Recordset
- Creating Simple ECL Queries
- Managing your ECL code
- Despraying Files
Class begins Monday at 1pm and concludes at 5pm.
Class begins Tuesday at 9am and concludes at 5pm.
Class begins Wednesday at 9am and concludes at 12pm.
When & Where
HPCC Systems is an open source, massive parallel-processing computing platform for big data processing and analytics.