Today, innovation is everyone's business. Amongst the many tools available to entrepreneurs, managers, designers and strategists for uncovering creative opportunities and strategic solutions, Design Thinking stands out for its ability to iteratively and quickly innovate through early prototypes and customer feedback.
This introductory course provides you with the tools and methodology you'll need to become an innovative thinker and uncover creative opportunities for your business, products and services.
- Introducing Design Thinking: We will begin by exploring what design thinking means and why it is effective when the goal is innovation. We’ll also examine what kinds of challenges are best-suited for design thinking and which tools are best.
- Preparing for Innovation: Design thinking is not only about process and tools, it is about people, so we'll learn about you as design thinker and about the people you want to create value for.
- Generating New Ideas: We then deep-dive into the design thinking process, looking at how we can use it to generate better ideas.
- Iteration & Prototyping: Figure out how to determine which ideas are most likely to produce the specific kinds of outcomes our consumers want and create a basic prototype that we will use for collecting feedbacks.
- Testing Your Solutions: We will end by exploring how to quickly test your solution against strategic requirements and by capturing constructive criticisms, pivotal ideas and consumers main uncertainties.
What you will learn:
- Define problems by using a systematic, repeatable process.
- Empathise with your customers and gain deeper insights into your consumers.
- Use design thinking to generate ideas and find creative solutions.
- Learn how to help create and capture value through prototyping.
- Learn how to integrate Design Thinking in your work with your clients and customers.
Who Should attend
Our "Introduction to Design Thinking" attracts a mix of leaders and managers from corporates and start-ups alike passionate to learn and innovate.
If you have being tasked to help your organisation in implementing key changes or enhance existing services then this introductory event is for you. It is a short but comprehensive workshop that delivers immediate benefit to you and your team.
Design Thinking is a collaborative effort and we recommend to take advantage of our group discount so that you can bring colleagues with you.
9:00 Registration & Coffee
9:30 Welcome: Workshop Introduction and objectives
9:45 Preparing for Innovation - Exercise 1
11:15 Coffee Break
11:30 Generating New Ideas - Workshop 2
13:30 Iteration and prototyping - Workshop 3
15:00 Coffee Break
15:15 Testing Your Solutions - Workshop 4
16:00 Closing notes - Q/A Session
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For any question please contact Joanna Kowalska at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are refreshments provided?
Tea, coffee, water and refreshments will be provided on arrival and throughout the day. A light lunch will be available to delegates.
What's the refund policy?
100% refunds are offered for delegate cancellations made at least 7 days before the course date. After that date no refunds will be available, although you may be able to transfer your attendance to another date subject to availability and the discretion of the organiser. If you wish to transfer your booking to another delegate, that is fine, but please inform the organiser if this situation arises. The best advice is to make sure you can definitely attend the training before booking!