Learn about the major online case citators – Shepard’s on Lexis Advance and KeyCite on Westlaw. The course will not cover using Shepard’s in print.
Citators are research tools used to verify if cases, statutes and regulations are still good law. Citators also assist the researcher in finding other cases on point.
- Accessing Shepard’s on Lexis Advance and KeyCite on Westlaw
- Shepardizing” and “Keyciting” a case
- “Shepardizing” and “Keyciting” a statute
- Explanation of Shepard’s signal
- Explanation of KeyCite symbols
- Reviewing results
No legal advice:
LA Law Library provides access to legal resources and assistance with legal research. LA Law Library does not provide legal advice. For legal advice, you should consult an attorney.
Registration fees: $20 for the class
Non-refundable, payment reserves spot