Introduction to Business Ethics – Maintaining Shareholder Value
Thursday, January 31, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This webinar will cover how to implement the improvement of business ethics on a day to day basis. Attendees will also learn how a company can try to maximize and maintain shareholder returns while meeting the demands of society at large.
Ethical behavior and corporate social responsibility can bring significant benefits to a business. It will help attract more customers and investors and also make more employees wanting to work with the organization. Unethical behavior or a lack of corporate social responsibility may damage a company's reputation and make it less attractive to stakeholders that lead to profit fallout. Business ethics concern moral judgments about right and wrong decisions taken at the organization. Decisions taken within an organization may be made by individuals or groups, but whoever makes them will be influenced by the culture of the company. The decisions to behave ethically involves the rejecting the route that would lead to the biggest short- term profits.But how do businesses juggle the competing needs of maximizing shareholder returns with a wider social responsibility? This webinar examines some key ethical areas that may inform future decision making. This webinar will cover the following topics related to business ethics:
· What are ethics?
· A bit of philosophy: two ideas on what constitutes ethical behavior
· Applied ethics
· Supply chain and distribution
· Sales and marketing
· International business
Who Will Benefit:
This webinar on business ethics will provide valuable assistance to the following personnel:
· Financial Officers
· Board Members
· Internal Auditors
· External Auditors
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.