Introduction to Arduino
Sunday, August 12, 2012 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Nashua, United States
This introduction to everyones favorite microcontroller platform will teach you how to use your computer and simple electronics to make a project that’s interactive in the real world. If you’re a programmer that wants to see your code blink lights and read switches or if you’re anyone that gets excited by making something that works exactly how you want it to then this is the class for you.
In this class you'll learn:
- The basics about the Arduino prototyping platform
- How to setup the software and communicate with the Arduino
- How to run your first program "Blink" the Hello, World! of physical computing
- How to connect simple components like LEDs, switches, knobs and sensors without soldering
- How to make the Arduino talk to your computer using serial (remember serial?)
- How to write the code to make LED’s fade in and out all pretty like
- How to control your circuit with switches and sensors
We should have time to cover individual questions if people have specific projects in mind and want to get pointed in the right direction.
Kids of all ages are welcome 10+ is recommended but we have seen even younger makers learn the platform and run with it.
Supplies: All that will be required is an Arduino. If you already have one you are welcome to bring it to the class to learn on. If you do not own an arduino and would like to leave the class with one please purchase an additional class materials ticket.
* "Membership" of Makeit Labs leads to discounts http://www.makeitlabs.com/about/join
About the instructor: Christain St. Cyr has been working with Arduino since 2008 and has been an active member of the maker/DIY community for 5 years. He is one of the Directors at MakeIt Labs where he serves as the community manager. By day he is a wireless engineering specialist at L-3 Communications.
When & Where
MakeIt Labs: DreamIt. LearnIt. MakeIt.
We are an Open-Access Workshop (a.k.a hackerspace) in Nashua, NH. We're a collection of Engineers, Makers, Hackers, Inventors and Tinkerers who just love building cool things. http://makeitlabs.com/