Introduction to Adult Echocardiography Course
Daily Event: 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM (EST)
St Pete Beach, FL 33706
The hands-on Intro to Adult Echocardiography Course is designed to provide a strong foundation to perform and/or interpret adult cardiac ultrasound examinations in accordance with ASE ultrasound practice guidelines. This unique program is taught by leading echocardiography experts and includes lectures, interactive case studies, and extensive hands-on scanning, featuring a 3:1 ratio with live models.
Special break-out sessions are conducted for system optimization, Measurement workshops, human cadaver anatomy lab, and interactive interpretation sessions using an audience response system.
This hands-on cardiac ultrasound training course includes the review of 200+ cases to improve the learners’ ability to recognize commonly seen pathology and improve diagnostic confidence.
The Introduction to Adult Echocardiography Seminar is approved for 40.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™ (also meets ARDMS and ICAEL CME requirements). In addition, the adult cardiac ultrasound training workshop is approved for 38.0 Category A ASRT Credits.
This hands-on adult echo course is intended for any medical professional involved with performing emergency ultrasound examinations. Participants may include (but is not limited to): emergency, trauma, critical care, surgeons, hospitalists, internal medicine, primary care physicians, PA’s and sonographers.
For more information, or to register, plesae visit: www.gcus.com
At the completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the basics of cardiac anatomy/physiology.
- Discuss the physics of cardiac ultrasound & Doppler echocardiography.
- Apply routine scan protocols during a 2D/M-Mode/Doppler (pulsedwave, continuous wave and color flow Imaging) echocardiographic examination and appropriate measurements.
- Identify normal/abnormal characteristics of 2D cardiac anatomy and explain the role of cardiac Doppler and the necessary qualitative/quantitative measurements.
- Discuss the ultrasound findings associated with valvular heart disease, cardiomyopathies, ischemic heart disease (CAD), pericardial disease and cardiac masses.
- Assess cardiac Doppler/color indications, applications, normal/abnormal waveform characteristics, Doppler measurements and color characteristics in the adult patient.
- Examine the latest imaging techniques in quantification of right and left ventricle wall motion.
- Integrate standarized guidelines for the dictated echocardiography report.
- Recognize the basic principles of contrast echocardiography and its role in LV opacification, Doppler signal enhancement, trauma, evaluation of masses and congenital abnormalities.
- Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret
- Imaging fundamentals
- Heart anatomy/electrocardiography
- 2D/M Mode characterization of cardiac anatomy
- M-Mode and 2D measurements
- Fundamentals of Doppler (Pulsed, CW and CFI)
- Comprehensive 2D and Doppler echocardiogram
- Mitral valve/Aortic valve disease
- Doppler eval. of MVD & AVD
- Right heart disease
- Live demo: Comprehensive echocardiography examination
- Interpretation workshop
- Coronary heart disease
- Diastolic function/contrast
- Pericardial disease/Cardiac masses
- Hands-on sessions
4615 Gulf Blvd, Suite 205
St Pete Beach,
FL 33706 USA
Gulfcoast Ultrasound Instutute
Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute is an established and trusted organization approved to offer AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™, continuing medical education seminars, ultrasound registry review preparation materials, and self-directed study aid products for the diagnostic medical sonography profession