Actions and Detail Panel
Intro to TIG welding with Randal Gardner 7.20.17
Thu, July 20, 2017, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Tig welding is a process that allows for welding of a large variety of metals. It requires more skill and practice than Mig welding but offers far more control and precision.
In this class you will learn:
- Equipment setup and safety.
- Basics of GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding)
- Use of personal protective equipment associated with welding.
- Part preparation.
- Puddle control.
- Welding techniques for various positions (flat, vertical, horizontal, overhead).
- Welding techniques for various materials (steel, stainless steel, aluminum)
- Weld bead inspection and analysis.
Limit 4 students
Minimum enrollment 2 students.
If your class does not reach minimum enrollment by 2pm on the date it is set for, your class will be cancelled.
Students will have the option of transferring their ticket to another class or receiving a refund.
Please provide us with BOTH a contact number & email to ensure you are properly notified of course changes.
Class Requirements: Appropriate shop clothing: (natural fiber clothing, long sleeves/ jeans is typical minimum recommended) closed toe shoes (leather steel toe boots recommended).
No experience necessary.
HOW TO FIND US! Turn in at the Blue Hive parking lot (233 Stafford St.) drive to the back of the lot and turn right to go behind the building. There will be a large garage door. The entrance to the WorcShop is the door on the right with the blue awning.