Intro to the Arduino - #1 of a 2 part workshop
Sunday, May 6, 2012 from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
Chicago, United States
This workshop is part one of a two part intro to the Arduino. It will be held at Pumping Station: One It's an intro for people who have no experience with programming or electronics.
You will need to bring a laptop. You will need an Arduino. The best choice is Sparkfun's "Flex" kit http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10174 If you don't already have an Arduino, Pumping Station: One will loan you a Flex kit to use during the workshop session. Ask lots of questions!
images are CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 sparkfun.com
- What's Arduino?
- Installing the Arduino editor on your laptop
- Tour of the Arduino board and the Sparkfun “Flex” kit
- How to use a breadboard - hooking up sensors
- How to play with the built-in examples
- Experiment time to play with some examples
- Things you can do with an Arduino
Instructor: Ed Bennett
ed symbol kineticsandelectronics dot com
When & Where
Pumping Station: One NFP
Pumping Station: One, NFP is organized exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes. Our mission is to foster a collaborative environment wherein people can explore and create intersections between technology, science, art, and culture.