Intro to Neo4j – Washington DC
Monday, February 10, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EST)
Washington, District Of Columbia , DC
Course Code: Intro to Neo4j
Duration: 8-hours/1 day
Skill Level: Beginner
Delivery Type: Classroom delivery with instructor
- Developers, Administrators, DevOps engineers, DBAs, Business Analysts and students.
- Executives and others who want an overview of the Neo4j technology.
- An understanding of graph databases
- How to use graph databases
- Introduction to data modeling with Graph databases
- How to get started working with Neo4j
- Build confidence in building a graph enabled application
You don’t need any previous experience with Neo4j, NOSQL databases or specific development languages
This course helps build a good knowledge of graph databases. It also teaches the core functionality of the Neo4j graph database. With a mixture of theory and hands-on practice sessions, you will quickly learn how easy it is to work with a powerful graph database using Cypher as the query language
- Introduction to Graphs
- Introduction to Graph based Modeling
- Neo4j and Cypher
- Advanced Queries with Cypher
- Real-world implementation use cases with Neo4j
You will need your own laptop. Please arrive early to quickly install the product and labs used in the class.
Wes Freeman, Software Engineer, Information Analysis Inc.
Wes Freeman is an experienced software engineer, excited about graph databases – especially the Cypher query language, to which he is a community contributor. He created the AnormCypher Neo4j "driver" for Scala. He is the top answerer on StackOverflow for Cypher-tagged questions, and runs a Cypher-oriented blog with tutorials and examples, as well as the twitter bot @neoquestions. Wes is also the DC/Baltimore Graph Database meetup group organizer.
Wes works at Information Analysis Inc. (a recently added Neo Technology partner). He's so enthusiastic about Neo4j that his wife even made him a birthday cake with the Neo4j logo and some Cypher syntax on it.
What should I bring to the event?
Please bring a laptop and a power cord. We will supply breakfast, lunch and refreshments.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For any questions about the event, e-mail email@example.com
When & Where
Feel free to contact us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org