Actions and Detail Panel
Intro to MIG welding with Randal Gardner 6.20.17
Tue, June 20, 2017, 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
MIG welding is one of the most common and useful welding techniques in use today. It is fairly easy to learn and has wide application for every-day repair and fabrication.
In this class you will learn:
- Equipment setup and safety.
- Basics of GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding)
- Use of personal protective equipment associated with welding.
- Part preparation.
- Welding techniques for various positions (flat, vertical, horizontal, overhead).
- Weld bead inspection and analysis.
Limit 4 students
Minimum enrollment 2 students.
If your class does not reach minimum enrollment by 2pm on the date it is set for, your class will be cancelled.
Class Requirements: Appropriate shop clothing: (natural fiber clothing, long sleeves/ jeans is typical minimum recommended) closed toe shoes (leather steel toe boots recommended). No experience necessary
HOW TO FIND US! (see images below)
Turn in at the Blue Hive parking lot (233 Stafford St.) drive to the back of the lot and turn right to go behind the building. There will be a large garage door. The entrance to the WorcShop is the door on the right with the blue awning.