Intro to HTML/CSS
Want to learn to build websites? Have a website on wordpress, tumblr or blogger, but want to learn to customize it? This class will arm you with the skills and tools you need to do so. You will leave the class with new knowledge AND a ready-reference card!
In this three-hour workshop we will:
• Cover the basic terms & jargon.
• Learn the most common HTML tags
• Build a simple, HTML-only webpage
• Learn the basics of CSS, including selectors, properties, classes, ids and the CSS Box Model
• Enrich our HTML-only page with style and formatting using CSS
• Review free tools and resources that will help you use the knowledge you learn in class and take it to the next level on your own.
Please bring a laptop with Aptana studio installed. It’s available at: http://www.aptana.com/products/studio2/download
Taught by NYC Resistor member Alexis Goldstein
When & Where
NYC Resistor is a hacker collective with a shared space located in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. We meet regularly to share knowledge, hack on projects together, and build community. Our interests range from laser-cutting to knitting, and programming to pop-up books.
All NYC Resistor events are strictly 18+, and attendees are expected to abide by our Code of Conduct, which can be found at https://www.nycresistor.com/participate/.