In-Person : Hands-On : Project-based
Designed for beginners - No Programming Experience Required!
This 12 week class will teach you the basics of building iPhone apps.
The class will be project based, and designed for beginners. NO CODING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. You will develop fully functional apps, and build them to your own device. We will cover coding basics, and show you how can continue learning after the class has ended.
The class focusses on iOS (iPhone/iPad) development using Apple's popular new Swift programming language. Therefore, in order to participate and create apps, a MacBook with XCODE installed is REQUIRED (Windows PC will not work).
Also, in order to build your app to an actual device, an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch is RECOMMENDED.
12 weeks - Tuesday/Thursday - 6-9pm
Jan 24 - April 13
- Introduction to the Swift programming language
- Essential Programming Concepts
- Introduction to Xcode
- The Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern
- Universal Apps with adaptive layouts
- Using Storyboards & Segues
- Views & View Controllers
- User Interface design via the UIKit framework
- Animations for professional looking apps
- Embed HTML content via UIWebView
- Persistant data storage
- Beta Testing with Test Flight
- App Store Optimization
- App Store Localization