Join LeanDog and Tech Elevator for a free Internet of Things workshop.
IoT is an increasingly growing topic of conversation in the workplace and outside of it. It's a concept that not only impacts our daily lives but also our lives decades to come.
"With market estimates as high as $11 trillion by 2025, it's safe to say the Internet of Things is poised to become one of tech's leading markets."
Come join the conversation with developer and technical coach Eric Hankinson from Agile Software Company LeanDog.
This workshop is a fast-paced overview of the many considerations involved when designing, developing, and connecting a physical device to the Internet.
Eric will cover a number of technologies, unique challenges of the User Experience, and the complexity of managing an IoT ecosystem.
Doors open: 5p
Light apps + soft drinks provided
● Introduction to the Internet of Things
● Breadth of technologies and integrations involved with a connected device
● Specific challenges of the User Experience for integration of hardware and software
● Interacting with devices from embedded, web, and mobile applications
● Importance of data collection, telemetry, and analytics
● The wide-range of connectivity options
● Connecting devices to the internet and security implications
● Managing and growing your IoT ecosystem
● Understanding the breadth of the problem space
● Focus on User Experience
● Cross platform integration for embedded, web, and mobile technologies
● Learning why data, telemetry, and analytics are drivers for success
● Awareness of security issues and implementation approaches
● Understanding when connectivity can enhance a product
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop is intended as a business-focused overview for individuals interested in a deeper understanding of Internet Connected devices. It covers many aspects of Product & Software Development, Analytics, Hardware Integration, User Interface Design, and Security.