Actions and Detail Panel
International Conference on Theory of Architectural Design
Fri, Apr 14, 2017, 7:00 AM – Sun, Apr 16, 2017, 9:00 PM IST
Architecture is the mother of all arts. Architecture renders the onlooker the image of place, city i.e. it’s the built form which relates one and all of us to a particular place/experience. Having said it, diversity in Living, culture. climate brought about the diversity in Architecture through-out the world which makes different parts of the world unique in itself for that very aspect. However, there is increasing quest among most of the leading cities of the world to glorify itself in terms of ever-increasing skylines of its urban infra-structure. This quest has taken a serious shape in last 15-20 years as such most of the new developed/developing cities across the world particularly in middle-east and south-east Asian countries. These countries are flaunting almost similar sort of urban infrastructure despite of varied culture, tradition, vernacular architecture practices and climate. Hence, to address this dilution of context/regionalism in Architecture and to sustain the legible diversity in Architecture addressing the context of different regions/places amid these global contemporary trends/isms ought to the foremost role of Architects/urban designers/Planners etc. This conference aim to address this very issue so that judicious ways may be sought such that Global technology/practices may be adopted for obvious benefits but still the placelessness may be not be there in prevailing contexts of Climate vis-à-vis built form across the globe
Key Features of the conference:
1. Parallel Paper presentation Sessions.
2. Poster presentation sessions.
3. Workshop on Vernacular Architecture (Hill Architectural practices) in India.
4. Heritage tour covering Architecture of Jammu City- Ancient palaces and Temple Architecture.
5. Each Parallel session shall have one key note speaker from Academia/research/practice (20-30 minutes) and one from the sponsor.
6. Best Paper/Poster presentation prize in each session. (Memento, Certificate and cash Prize).
7. Interactive Creative Spheres: Interactive parallel garden interactions with one invited speaker.
8. Two Plenary session: chaired by 03 inviting experts and a moderator.
9. Coffee and Architecture: Innovative coffee breaks restricted to individual groups having common research interest and facilitating discussion amongst peers and invited experts. (To be designed in the program of the conference).
10. Printed full paper conference proceedings with ISBN no.
11. All registered participants shall receive certificate of international significance.
12. Selected presented papers shall be published in International Journal/s.
Deadline for abstract submission: 20th February 2017