Internal Control in Payroll
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This webinar highlights the principles and techniques for internal control in payroll. After a general placement into the COSO framework, the course operationally covers how payroll processes should be designed for internal controls, the specific internal controls that apply to these area, as well as the levels of attribution and delegation of decision power.
Why Should You Attend:
Internal controls are an important part of corporate risk management. Internal auditors must know in details specific tests of control. They are also a fundamental step in the assessment of control risk in external auditing and for the assessment of the effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting, which is mandatory in certain jurisdictions like the U.S.
Even operating managers should know internal controls that apply to the areas under their supervision to avoid unintentional consequences of inappropriate procedures and to protect against wrongdoing by others.
At the end of the webinar speaker will handle your specific questions related to the topic.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
With reference to payroll:
- Placement within the COSO framework
- Internal control objectives
- Internal control responsibilities within the organization
- Management authorizations
- Matching of financial statement assertions with internal controls
- Process workflows enabled for internal control
- Internal controls and check lists
- Implication of computer systems on internal controls
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.