Actions and Detail Panel
Intermediate Fetal Monitoring 2017
Mon, June 19, 2017, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM EDT
This 2-day course awards 18 contact hours of CNE. Offered in a standardized format, the course may be used as a competency assessment to validate the knowledge and skills of experienced nurses and other clinicians. Participants analyze case scenarios using key physiologic principles. Sessions offer demonstration, hands-on practice and testing of the following skills:
- Fetal heart rate auscultation.
- Performing Leopold's Maneuvers.
- Placement of an intrauterine pressure catheter and fetal spiral electrode.
- Interpretation of fetal monitoring tracings.
- Identification of indicated clinical interventions.
- Communication strategies.
Intermediate Course Requirements:
This course is designed for clinicians who completed a basic or foundations fetal heart monitoring course and who utilize fetal heart monitoring in the intrapartum setting. Participants are expected to already possess basic knowledge and related skills in the following areas:
- Maternal physiologic changes of pregnancy.
- Fetal growth and development.
- Methods of fetal monitoring.
- Preparation of patient for set-up and initiation of external or internal fetal monitoring components.
- Obtaining and maintaining tracings that document fetal heart rate and uterine contractions.
- Interpretation of uterine contraction frequency, duration, and baseline resting tone.
- Identification of the baseline fetal heart rate, variability, and deviations.
- Indicated clinical interventions.
- Communication and documentation strategies.
Continuing Education Credit:
Participants earn 18 contact hours of continuing education credit upon successful completion of IFMC. Successful completion means that the participant attended the full workshop and passed all skills stations and written tests. No partial credit will be awarded.
AWHONN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission of Accreditation.
AWHONN holds California & Alabama BRN number: California CNE provider #CEP580 and Alabama #ABNNP0058.
Florida nurses will need to self-submit to CE Broker.
Purchased through Kendall Hunt @ 800-228-0810 using workshop date and number found below.
MANDATORY: Intermediate Course Student Pack, 5th Ed.
ISBN # -978-0-7575-7785-7
Supplemental Text - Recommended:
Fetal Heart Monitoring Textbook, 4th Ed -
ISBN # 978-1-4652-8842-4
Date and Time
Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center, Medical Office Building, Classroom B
305 Memorial Medical Pkwy
Daytona Beach, FL 32117