InterGenMUN (InterGenerational Model UN) is the UN Association's annual interactive community event that gives Chicagoans a chance to see how the UN works up and try out being a UN Delegate for the day! This unique experience will offer the chance for community members of all ages and experience levels to participate in a simulation to understand and appreciate the world of diplomacy, negotiation, and decision making. Delegates will have the chance to prepare draft resolutions, develop strategy, negotiate with allies and adversaries and challengers, and overcome conflict while utilizing and enacting the UN's operating procedure.
Attendees will have the opportunity to take on the role of UN delegates, representing a country's interest in a UN committee, and debating current issues in a guided simulation. At the end of the day, all delegates will again come together to hear the final resolutions that passed in the various committees and to celebrate a successful simulation of how to solve the world's problems!
IN A NUTSHELL:
- Your chance to be a UN delegate for a day!
- Saturday, November 5th, 2016, 11am-5pm, in the Chicago Loop
- Continental breakfast and lunch are included in ticket price
- All are welcome to attend -- this is a community event welcome to Chicagoans of all ages and all experience levels
- Contact email@example.com with questions
- United Nations High Commission on Refugees (UNHCR)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Security Council (SC)
10:30 am Registration/Material Pickup & Continental Breakfast
11:00 am Opening Ceremony
11:30 pm Committee Session I
12:45 pm Lunch Break & Keynote Speech
1:30 pm Committee Session II & Senior Policy Advisor Lectures
4:20 pm Closing Ceremony
5:00 pm End of Conference
Co-Sponsored By: DePaul International Law Society
NOTE: We are collecting RSVP's on EventBrite, but for official registration and to select your committee preference, you will need to visit http://intergenmun2016.brownpapertickets.com