We believe that intergenerational Christian experiences uniquely nurture Christian spiritual formation across all ages, and we’re committed to promoting intergenerational practices in faith communities. How? By bringing together practitioners and academics from a broad spectrum of Christian traditions to:
- disseminate current intergenerational research,
- discern common intergenerational principles,
- discuss the challenges and benefits of intergenerational ministry, and
- share effective intergenerational practices.
At InterGenerate 2017, ministry leaders will be inspired, empowered, and equipped to implement more intergenerational approaches in their faith communities, and researchers will have opportunities to share their findings and encourage one another. Along the way, both groups will interact, creating a collaborative synergy that will generate fresh intergenerational ministry implications and perspectives. Sound exciting? We think so!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are the location, transportation and parking options for the event?
The conference will be held on campus at Lipscomb University in the Ezell Building at 4050 Belmont Blvd., in Nashville TN. Housing is available in Johnson Hall for those who choose on-campus housing.
Registration takes place in the Ezell Building. There is a parking lot in front of the building. If you are staying on campus in Johnson Hall, you will be able to walk from Ezell to your dorm (even with your luggage) after you register. (The dorm is just 50 yards from the conference center.)
By Air: The Nashville airport is 20 minutes from the campus. A taxi costs about $25 – contact American Music City Taxi at 615.865.4100 . Uber is about $18. An airport shuttle is $14 one way and $20 round trip - contact InShuttle.com.
Local Directions: Use the following address for directions: Lipscomb University / Ezell Building at 4050 Belmont Blvd. (cross street is Green Hills Drive), Nashville, TN. This will bring you or your driver to the west side of the campus on Belmont Boulevard. Signs will be posted indicating where to turn into the campus off Belmont. Registration is in the Ezell Building. View the campus map here.
What housing options are available?
On-Campus: Housing (single or double room) is available on campus in the Johnson Hall dorm (just 50 yards from the conference center). Select the conference fee which includes single or double room housing. If you want a double room but don’t have a roommate, the conference will assign one for you.
All rooms include sheets, blanket, pillow, pillowcase, towel and washcloth. Please bring your own soap, personal items, hair dryer, etc. Bathrooms are shared.
Off-Campus: There are a variety of hotels within several miles of the Lipscomb University campus. Check with the hotels directly to confirm rates.
- Hampton Inn and Suites—Green Hills, 2324 Crestmoor Road, Nashville: 615-777-0001 ($155 per night single, $165 double; ask for the Intergenerational Conference at Lipscomb University rate).
- Extended Stay America, Nashville/Vanderbilt, 3311 West End Avenue, Nashville. ($145/night + tax; $5 additional fee for another adult; call 877-701-3383 to make reservations. Only ten rooms are being held at this rate. “InterGenerate” is the code word. This room rate will be available until May 26, 2017.) www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/tn/nashville/vanderbilt
- Hyatt Place Nashville – Brentwood, 202 Summit View Drive, Brentwood: http://nashvillebrentwood.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
- Brentwood Suites Hotel, 622 Church Street East, Brentwood: www.brentwoodsuiteshotel.com
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Brentwood, 5107 Peter Taylor Park, Brentwood: http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/tennessee/homewood-suites-by-hilton-nashville-brentwood-BNABTHW/index.html
- Courtyard Marriott, Nashville/Brentwood, 103 E Park Dr., Brentwood: www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bnabr-courtyard-nashville-brentwood/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2
- Four Points by Sheraton, Nashville/Brentwood, 760 Old Hickory Blvd., Brentwood: www.fourpointsbrentwood.com
What is the event Schedule?
Registration opens on Sunday, June 25 at 3 pm. Dinner is provided at 5:15 pm, followed by the Welcome and Opening Worship at 7 pm. The event ends at 1 pm on Tuesday, June 27. For detailed schedule information, visit the conference website at: www.IntergenerateConference.com
What meals are included in the conference fee?
All registration fees include 4 meals: Sunday Dinner, Monday Lunch and Dinner, and Tuesday Lunch.
For special dietary needs: Contact Shirley Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org All requests must be submitted by June 1 in order to be honored.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes. If your information changes or if you notice a typo, go to the TICKETS page and locate your order. Click on "Edit" to update the information you have already entered.
Is my registration fee transferrable?
If for any reason you are unable to attend the event, you may transfer your registration and the full fee to another individual. Be sure to contact us with the change of information. This is particularly important if you were planning to share a room on campus, and if the gender of the participant changes.
What is the refund policy?
Through April 30, 2017: Full refund is available, minus a $40 processing fee, via the payment method you used originally.
After April 30, 2017: Cancellations by June 9 forfeit their registration fee but receive a refund for their housing. A $20 processing fee will be subtracted from the refund.
For Medical Emergencies after May 1, 2017: Contact John Roberto at email@example.com for options.
How can I contact the organizer with any other questions?
Contact John Roberto at (203) 729-2953 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Save This Event
When & Where
InterGenerate Task Force
For Questions, contact John Roberto at email@example.com.