INTERFAITH ROUND TABLE ON MENTAL HEALTH
Join us during MENTAL ILLNESS AWARENESS WEEK for an interactive day of discussions.
CUC presents an interfaith panel of leaders (Roman Catholic, Christian, Jewish & Muslim) eager to share their experience creating outreach, programming and education on mental health concerns.
Registration & Coffee at 9:30. Vendor Booths will be open.
$15 Suggested Donation benefits the Stigma Free Zones & includes lunch, all dietary needs (Kosher, etc.) being met; call event coordinator at 201-767-8122 with requests.
Panel at 10, followed by interactive round tables, opportunity to meet NJ nonprofits needing partners in building stronger mental healthcare in Bergen County, plus time for networking.
Panel Members CUC & Christ Church, Hackensack both received the 2016 NJ GOVERNOR'S AWARD ON FIGHTING STIGMA.
The National Day of Prayer for Mental Illness Recovery is October 6, 2016. You will be ready!
1) Who is invited to attend? Clergy, Religious Educators and Lay Leaders active in any faith community.
2) Is there an obligation related to attending? No, the day is simply for educational purposes.
3) Is the program built on any particular religious perspective ? No, all perspectives are welcome and will be respected.
4) Does attendance mean I have joined the Stigma Free Zone Initative? No, to join SFZ you must declare your organization Stigma Free, and pledge to "Do something about mental illness".
5) Can I update my registration information? Yes, call 201-767-8122 with changes. Register early.
6) Who is the Stigma Free Zone? There are 39 towns, plus Rotaries, faith communities, school groups and businesses in Bergen County that identify as Stigma Free Zones. The SFZ is not a nonprofit, it is simply an educational initiative, a loose group of concerned people from all walks of life who are making a committment to educate their community about mental illness.