Interest Rates, The Fed, and Hedging Risk – Challenges and Opportunities
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
Over the past few years, the unprecedented action taken by the Fed to spur economic growth has suppressed U.S. Treasury rates and provided borrowers access to capital at levels rarely seen before. That’s likely to change in 2014 as economic conditions continue to improve. Although change can be unsettling at first glance, understanding how the market will likely react can ultimately help borrowers position themselves for 2014 and beyond. Please join us for a very timely presentation by Cardea Partners on the challenges and opportunities in interest rates, the fed, and hedging risk that we all need to consider as Commercial Real Estate Finance professionals in 2014
During our discussion on rates, the economy and hedging, we will take a look at what’s ahead for the Fed Reserve.
- What are the key factors that the Fed is watching?
- Will the Fed finally reverse course and alter the direction of monetary policy, and will the expected tapering of quantitative easing influence not only the level of rates, but the shape of the yield curve?
- Have borrowers missed an opportunity to lock-in historic lows and what hedging strategies should borrowers employ going forward?
- Should investors consider other alternatives to fixed-rate debt? If so, what’s the best way to manage that risk?
- How good has the market been at forecasting rates?
- Should borrowers be concerned going into 2014?
|Cardea Partners is a derivative advisory firm serving the unique needs of corporate, real estate, Native American, not for profit, and municipal borrowers. They are registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) as swap advisors. Their firm is comprised of highly experienced derivatives professionals who share a combined 50 years in the industry and have executed over $1 trillion notional of derivative contracts.|
Joseph Momich – Principal
Rex Evans – Principal
When & Where
The Bay Area Mortgage Association (BAMA)
The Bay Area Mortgage Association (BAMA) is an organization through which individuals in the Real Estate Finance Industry exchange ideas in both professional and social settings. BAMA has grown by attracting members who have a commitment to the Real Estate Finance Industry in the region.
BAMA membership includes representation from national providers within the Real Estate Finance Industry; however, our focus is oriented locally, on the greater San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California. The Club’s purpose and success is demonstrated by the sustainability of the organization which has been in existence since 1953.