San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Presented by the Texas Department of Public Safety, Interdiction for the Protection of Children Training is designed to make patrol officers aware of the variety of resources available to assist them in establishing the status of a child who may be missing, exploited, or at risk of exploitation and what courses of action are immediately available.
DATE & TIME: June 19-20, 2017 (8a-5p each day)
OPEN TO: Maryland Law Enforcement Personnel
COST: FREE - Registration required.
Upon completion, attendees will:
- Be able to establish the status of a child who may be abducted or endangered.
- Know resources available to them and courses of action to take when encountering an endangered child.
- Be able to identify research supported indicators of an endangered child and a high risk threat to children.
- Know the type of questions that need to be asked for a victim centered approach.
- Have a basic understanding of behavioral patterns of both suspects and victims.
Save This Event
When & Where
Center for Children, Inc.
The Center for Children, Inc. is a private, non-profit organization that provides comprehensive mental health services to children and their families. The Center for Children believes that every child in need should have the opportunity to receive quality mental health care. We are dedicated to the prevention and treatment of child abuse and the promotion of positive mental health through crisis intervention, therapy, education, and advocacy.