Join KAMA DC for an interactive workshop led by Vandalark Patricks, a Liberian human rights activist. Mr. Patricks will speak about his experience working with SURE Liberia, Human Rights Defenders, and other human rights networks. Mr. Patricks will then lead an interactive discussion about specific skills and principles of organizing for civic action and challenges faced in this type of work.
This workshop will address the following skills:
- Building and expanding membership and cultivating leadership among co-organizers
- Building a support base for community mobilization
- Civic engagement and community education
- Building trust with diverse constituencies, including students/youth, community members, and policymakers
- Using traditional media and social media
This workshop is FREE and open to the public. For more information, email email@example.com or visit our Facebook page: KAMA DC.