Adobe InDesign is by far the leading tool for creating paper-based publications, but the program can also create a wide variety of digital and interactive publications. The interactive formats and platforms that InDesign supports are ever changing and rapidly evolving. In the October AAUG meeting we will get you up to speed on the latest changes, what new features are added (and what has been removed!) in InDesign.
Here are some of the topics we will cover:
- The DPS 2015 (Digital Publishing System) is replacing the old DPS (Digital Publishing Suite). What is new, and where can I find the old DPS functions?
- The support for fixed layout eBooks is growing fast, but what are the new functions, where can I find them, and how can I use them?
- Reflowable eBooks are not dead, what is the best practices and workflow for converting an InDesign document into an eBook?
- What does the new “Publish Online” button do?
The presentation will also give a brief overview of other new features of the InDesign CC 2015 version.
About the presenter
Tom Berglie, a native of Norway, is an Adobe Certified Instructor in InDesign and the Digital Publishing Suite, as well as in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat. He has more than 20 years’ experience in the publishing business, including several years in charge of production of the Norwegian edition of Computerworld, and as Executive Editor of the Norwegian edition of Publish magazine. Since 2005 he has been running his own teaching and consulting business in Norway, focusing mainly on Adobe creative software. He is also the author of several text books on Adobe InDesign. Tom has relocated to Austin, Texas, and has just finished setting up business here.
Date October 9, 2015
Time: 1:15-3:30 p.m.
Place: New Horizons Computer Learning Center,
300 E Highland Mall Blvd. Suite 100 (in the Wells Fargo building, across the street from the bus stop on E. Highland Mall Blvd). Turn north onto Jonathan and park in the Visitor parking area.
About the Austin Adobe User Group
We meet from 1:15 - 3:30 pm the second Friday of every month at New Horizons Computer Learning Center, 300 E Highland Mall Dr, Suite 100 (across the street from the bus stop, in the Wells Fargo building - enter the parking lot from the side street, Jonathan Drive). To help New Horizons Computer Learning Center reserve a room that comfortably seats everyone, pleae RSVP for this free event.
Membership in the Austin Adobe User Group is free and open to everyone who is interested in learning about web and multimedia design, elearning and more using Adobe products. (Our web site's presentation page has recordings of many past presentations.)
When & Where
Austin Adobe User Group
- Provide a helpful and supportive environment for individuals who want to learn about web and multimedia design and development using Adobe products
- Provide opportunities for Adobe users to share information, tips and tricks.
- Provide networking opportunities for web and multimedia professionals in the Austin, TX area.
Each month an Adobe-related topic or demonstration is presented by a variety of local and visiting experts. The meetings are free and open to anyone who is interested in learning about Adobe products and meeting other Adobe enthusiasts.